NOTICE ABOUT YOUR PERSONAL DATA
AND CONSENT FOR PROCESSING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
This notice describes how MYJAR IT OÜ, Maakri 19/1, Tallinn, Harju County, Estonia, 10145 (registry code 11876310), (hereinafter referred to as “MYJAR”, “us”, “our” or “we”) processes your personal data, which MYJAR shall collect in connection with the recruiting process. MYJAR is the data controller for the processing of your personal data.
The privacy of your personal data is important to MYJAR and, therefore, we would like to give you an overview of the data being collected, how we use your personal data, third parties being related to the processing of your personal data, safeguards applied in order to secure your data, and your rights regarding to the collected data.
1. Personal data being collected about you
MYJAR processes the following data about you (hereinafter “Personal Data”):
- personal details: your name (surname and given name), e-mail and telephone details;
- professional and previous employment information: details contained in letters of application, cover letter and resume/CV, prior employment, education history (institutions attended, degree(s) earned), professional qualifications, language and other relevant skills, salary expectations, residence permit or other legal ground for working;
- other data: information about where did you hear about us and any other data you choose to provide to us.
We may combine the Personal Data we collect from you with data that we receive about you from other sources, such as public databases and/or other third parties.
The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However, if you do not provide certain information, MYJAR may not be able to accomplish some of the purposes outlined in the section 3 of this privacy notice.
2. Legal basis for the processing of Personal Data
We process your Personal Data:
- under your consent;
- for the purposes of legitimate interests pursued by us (such as to contact a candidate in case of being chosen and to handle any legal or other disputes or claims).
3. Purposes for collecting and processing your Personal Data
We use and process your Personal Data in order to:
- determine your eligibility for the applied position or any other vacant position of MYJAR which MYJAR shall offer to you;
- facilitate communications with you;
- comply with legal and regulatory requirements, and respond to legal or other dispute resolution proceedings;
- conduct the application process.
MYJAR shall not use your Personal Data for any other purpose incompatible with the purposes outlined above, or required, permitted or authorised by law.
4. Transfer of the Personal Data
MYJAR may transfer your Personal Data to third parties, such as legal and regulatory authorities; lawyers and other outside professional advisors; and to companies that provide services to MYJAR (such as IT systems suppliers and support, recruitment service providers), as well as to other MYJAR group companies (which means its subsidiaries/affiliates, ultimate holding company and the subsidiaries/affiliates of the holding company). MYJAR has taken steps to ensure that the recipients of your Personal Data protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Data, and to ensure that Personal Data is processed only for the provision of the services and in compliance with applicable law.
Such third parties may be located in countries outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) whose privacy regulations may differ and which are not subject to adequacy decisions of the European Commission. In those countries, the security of the Personal Data (inc. protection against misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction) may not be ensured as it is secured in European Union, due to the lack of adequate data protection level.
When transferring collected Personal Data outside of EEA, MYJAR shall ensure the application of the appropriate safeguards. If you wish to receive a copy, please contact us as instructed below.
MYJAR will take appropriate legal, organisational, and technical measures to protect Personal Data consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws. Security measures shall be applied in order to protect Personal Data from involuntary or unauthorised processing, disclosure or destruction. Recipients have been made aware that Personal Data may only be used in accordance with the purposes described in this notice. When MYJAR retains a third-party entity to perform a function of the nature described in Section 4, that entity will be required to protect Personal Data.
6. Integrity and retention of the Personal Data
MYJAR takes reasonable steps to ensure that Personal Data we process is reliable for its intended use, accurate, and complete as necessary to carry out the purposes described herein. MYJAR will retain Personal Data for the period required or permitted by applicable law or legal process, including a litigation hold, but no longer than one (1) year from the date of your application for employment or until the termination of your employment with MYJAR, whichever is the latter.
7. Your rights regarding to the Personal Data processing
You will be given the opportunity to voluntarily decide whether to agree with the conditions established herein by granting your consent to us.
You have the right to:
- request access and/or corrections to your Personal Data;
- have your Personal Data erased or removed from our active files in the event the law prescribes you such right;
- receive the Personal Data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format;
- raise concerns about the handling of your Personal Data to us or to a Estonian Data Protection Inspectorate;
- withdraw your consent for the processing of Personal Data without affecting the lawfulness of the processing before the withdrawal.
In order to exercise your right, you must submit a written application to MYJAR. MYJAR may have the right to decline your application. If MYJAR declines your request, you will be provided with the reasons for the refusal.
If you consider that your rights have been infringed, you are entitled to lodge a complaint with an Estonian Data Protection Inspectorate.
8. Contact details
MYJAR has designated a Data Protection Officer with whom you may contact via email@example.com if you have any concerns or questions regarding to the handling of your Personal Data.